A 313 Retinol Cream
lines & wrinkles
made in France
How it feels:
What is it?
An exfoliating cream with synthetic vitamin A aka RETINOL
Vitamin A chemical name is retinol, the alcohol form of vitamin A as it occurs in nature.
In the skin retinol is first oxidized into retinal then retinoic acid.
Esters are more stable but you add an extra step into the transformation and they are less effective
A313 works better than other retinol creams because its cosmetic base is made of PEG, PEG 4000 enhance the penetration of active ingredients thus increases its activity.
- Featured in 'The Goop' blog by Gwyneth Paltrow as France's skincare secret to flawless skin, it is on of tiktok best.
- Retinol triggers epidermis turn over: dead cells, pigmented cells, milia are exfoliated as a result your skin is baby soft and lighter.
- Retinoids have an anti comedogenic effects:
- they regulate the process of shedding within sebaceous pores by pushing up and out the cells that clog your pores
- and decrease activity of enzymes participating in lipogenesis (less sebum in pores)
- Topically applied retinoids also influence the function of melanocytes, providing regular arrangement of melanin in the epidermis therefore reducing discoloration of the skin
- Retinol stimulates fibroblasts to synthesize collagen fibers (stimulates the activity of fibroblasts and increases their number), improves skin elasticity (removes degenerated elastin fibers)
- A313 triggers skin renewal without the irritations and dryness experienced with the acid form of Vitamin A
Read a complete study
How to use:
The cream is thick and white.
When applied on the skin it feels like Vaseline and can be stingy on sensitive skin.
DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT
Make sure you face is totally dry as Vitamin A will react with water and cause irritation.
If your skin is not sensitive use the 123 rule:
Once per week for the first week
Twice per week for the next two weeks
Three times per week for the next three weeks
Every other night (if tolerated) for the next few months
Nightly (if tolerated)
During the 123 period use Ialuset on alternative days.
If your skin is sensitive apply A313, let it act for 15 min then wash it off. Apply Ialuset.
Do not apply too close to the eyes as the cream will naturally migrate.
Try not to mix it with moisturizer or put any moisturizer on top.
This should not happen if you follow the 123 rule but if skin is very very dry apply Ialuset first then A313.
Do not use during the day as Vitamin A is sun-sensitive.
It is normal to feel a tingly sensation for 15 minutes after applying the cream.
As A313 helps produce healthy new skin cells, after 1 month your skin will feel baby soft.
Reviews (scroll down to write a review)
Contains 200,000 iu of vitamin A in 100g of cream.
PPG 4000, PEG 400, polysorbate 80, retinol
My adult skin has never been softer and brighter than when I use A313. I love it so much though at first I was a little put off by the ointment-like texture. But after a few years of use, I am totally convinced that it is really the ideal texture for this type of product. Helps to seal in the moisture because it might otherwise be very drying. I use it every night, and I really think this the piece of my skin care routine that is truly most effective. I try to always have an extra tube ready to go! Highly highly highly recommend this.