A 313 Retinol Cream
What is it?
An exfoliating cream with synthetic vitamin A aka RETINOL
Vitamin A chemical name is retinol, the alcohol form of vitamin A as it occurs in nature.
In the skin retinol is first oxidized into retinal then retinoic acid.
Esters are more stable but you add an extra step into the transformation and they are less effective
A313 works better than other retinol creams because its cosmetic base is made of PEG, PEG 4000 enhance the penetration of active ingredients thus increases its activity.
- Featured in 'The Goop' blog by Gwyneth Paltrow as France's skincare secret to flawless skin, it is on of tiktok best.
- Retinol triggers epidermis turn over: dead cells, pigmented cells, milia are exfoliated as a result your skin is baby soft and lighter.
- Retinoids have an anti comedogenic effects:
- they regulate the process of shedding within sebaceous pores by pushing up and out the cells that clog your pores
- and decrease activity of enzymes participating in lipogenesis (less sebum in pores)
- Topically applied retinoids also influence the function of melanocytes, providing regular arrangement of melanin in the epidermis therefore reducing discoloration of the skin
- Retinol stimulates fibroblasts to synthesize collagen fibers (stimulates the activity of fibroblasts and increases their number), improves skin elasticity (removes degenerated elastin fibers)
- A313 triggers skin renewal without the irritations and dryness experienced with the acid form of Vitamin A
- Read a complete study