Skincare regimen for Hyperpigmentation and sun spots
Hyperpigmentation and pre-mature aging appears when you have exposed your skin to too much sun. Either sunbathing, use of sun tanning beds, getting too many sunburns as a kid or simply not using sunscreens!
Sun damage will show up in two ways:
- Sun spots: tanning is the normal response of the skin to UVB exposure, cells called melanocytes produce melanin, this clear pigment if exposed to sunlight will turn brown and accumulate over the nucleus of the cell to protect the cell.
- Lines & wrinkles: UVA penetrates the skin deeper, they induce free radicals, damaging collagen, elastin, cells lipids, even DNA (carcinoma and melanoma)
You cannot reverse sun damage, at best you can even out the skin tone and make sure it does not get worse!
The solution is to exfoliate dark pigmented cells and shield the skin from UVA and UVB.
- At night use Retinol peeling creams such as A 313 or glycolic peeling toner such as Payot peeling eclat
- During the day use anti-oxidant rich cream aka a Vitamin C cream
- Apply your sunscreen 3-4 times a day (try Brush-on-block a powder SPF 30)
- If you have recurring pigmentation (melasma) the latest research suggest it is triggered by the blue wavelength of the visible light and the blue light is stopped by iron oxides ( use Thalion bb tinted cream or Image tinted SPF 30)
- Prepare your skin 4 weeks prior to sun exposure with Pranarom carrot oil
|Wipe face with Thalion Thaliwhite toner + Payot vitamin rich cream+ Mineral Sunscreen 3-4 times per day ( BRUSH-ON_BLOCK)
|Thalion thaliwhite cleansing milk + Toner + Thalion Thaliwhite serum and moisturizer
|Wipe face with Thalion Thaliwhite toner + Vital C hydrating intense moisturizer + Mineral Sunscreen 3-4 times per day ( BRUSH-ON_BLOCK)
Thalion thaliwhite cleansing milk + Toner + Thalion Thaliwhite serum and moisturizer
|Wipe face with Thaliwhite toner + Payot vitamin rich gel + Mineral Sunscreen 3-4 times per day ( BRUSH-ON_BLOCK)
Thalion thaliwhite cleansing milk + Toner + A 313 cream