French Retinol cream
Email email@example.com to order this product
What is it?
A Vitamin A cream replacing the original Avibon French retinol cream featured in 'The Goop' blog by Gwyneth Paltrow as France's skincare secret to flawless skin
It's important to remember that all vitamin A derivatives must convert to retinoic acid to be effective and that the more conversion steps the less effective it is.
Vitamin A chemical name is retinol, the alcohol form of vitamin A as it occurs in nature.
In the skin retinol is first oxidized into retinal then retinoic acid.
Because retinol is very unstable, esters such as retinyl palmitate are used but you add an extra step into the transformation and they are less effective.
I favor encapsulated retinol, retinal or the cosmetic base made of PEG, PEG 4000 to enhance the penetration of retinol thus increasing its activity.
- Retinol triggers epidermis turn over: dead cells, pigmented cells, milia are exfoliated as a result your skin is baby soft and lighter.
- Retinoids have an anti comedogenic effects:
- they regulate the process of shedding within sebaceous pores by pushing up and out the cells that clog your pores
- and decrease activity of enzymes participating in lipogenesis (less sebum in pores)
- Topically applied retinoids also influence the function of melanocytes, providing regular arrangement of melanin in the epidermis therefore reducing discoloration of the skin
- Retinol stimulates fibroblasts to synthesize collagen fibers (stimulates the activity of fibroblasts and increases their number), improves skin elasticity (removes degenerated elastin fibers)
- Triggers skin renewal without the irritations and dryness experienced with the acid form of Vitamin A
- Read a complete study
Made in France
Live consultation coming soon
We ship with recycled materials
Never tested on animals